Monday, July 28, 2008

Standing Up and Falling Down

You know, I really should update more regularly. At work, every Monday we are supposed to complete our time cards and turn them in. Should be fairly easy because my department is supposed to record what we do daily in these little diaries. Yeah, well, I've been forgetting to do it until the following Monday when I'm doing my time card which means that I don't have that to do my time card from. That poses a bit of a problem and I usually end up sitting there for about an hour trying to figure out what in the world I did the previous week. I check my calendar, my email inbox and my sent messages trying to remember what I did for 40 hours. Just like my time card, by the time I get around to updating here, I no longer remember what has happened! I view my recent pictures in an attempt to job my memory and sometimes it helps.

So, what exactly has been going on since last we spoke. In Lilyland, she is one mobile little bug! Two Thursdays ago she learned how to pull up. As in, I saw her do it once before and then all of a sudden she was pulling up CONSTANTLY. I believe it is due to the fact that she was at a different daycare at that time. Her normal daycare was on vacation so Lily went to another daycare. This daycare had a younger child and a baby that is only a few days older than Lily. Something must have happened because she came home that first day and just pulled up on everything. With pulling up comes falling down so we've had to reorganize a little bit. This basically means moving the coffee table. We're moving in a week here so when we move I'll really reorganize to make things much safer for her.

First came the pulling up, then came the falling down and then came the falling down on purpose. This weekend, Lily decided that she was going to pull up on something and then let go, balance for as long as she could and fall with a pretty loud thud on her diapered rear. It looks like it must hurt, but she does it over and over and over again. She thinks it is the funniest thing ever. I'll try to catch it on camera here soon and post it.

What else...ahhh, her backup daycare got sick while Lily was with her so Lily went to the backup's sister-in-law (whose baby is Lily's age). Lily had lots of fun there. She learned how to get up and crawl on her knees (though this only lasts for a few steps and then she realizes that her tummy requires less work for her) and attempted to teach the other baby how to clap his hands. Apparently she would take his hands and try to make him clap. Needless to say, he didn't like that so much.

Lily might have another ear infection. She had a 102.7 fever when last I wrote. The fever went away Friday and then came back Saturday. She was also super cranky and didn't want to eat or sleep. We took her to the pediatrician who, after spending a while cleaning out her right ear, saw that her ear drum was moving okay but still suspects an infection. I'm not convinced but I guess he has his reasons. Either way, she's on antibiotics. I'm not thrilled about giving them to her when I'm not convinced she needs them but I'd hate not to and then for it to get worse.

So that's Lilyland. In other news, a couple weekends ago Grandma came to visit. We had fun. Had breakfast and dinner together, went to see Mamma Mia (Lily stayed home with a sleepy Dadda) and just generally had a good time. Hopefully they'll come back soon. *nudge nudge wink wink*

This past weekend we went to see our other Grandma and Grandpa. We went early and had a nice little vacation. Friday we took Lily to the zoo for the first time. We went to the Pt. Defiance Zoo and frankly I was a little disappointed. For being comparatively priced to the Woodland Park Zoo I thought that Pt. Defiance was not nearly as nice. The next time we go we'll definitely be going to the Woodland Park Zoo. Anyway, Lily didn't really care much about the animals. She liked the walruses because their huge bodies came right up to the window multiple times, but aside from that she could care less. Mamma and Dadda had fun though.

Sunday brought about more fun times. Hubby's cousin got married to her wonderful man in a gorgeous wedding. She was absolutely beautiful and looked like a Barbie doll. As soon as I get permission I'll post a picture or too.

I don't think anything else is really going on. Work is busy. Inspections, writing the newsletter, preparing for the fair and the car crushing event. Should be fun stuff.

Okay, I think I'll pop on some pictures and call it good. Hubby is working late tonight so I'm own my own which means that le babe is currently wreaking havoc on my living room.

Oh yeah, last thing. HELENE'S PROPERTY PLACE SUCKS! The current lease where we will be going is up on the 31st, however we cannot get in until the 4th. This is on a Monday meaning that we have nobody to help us move. Yeah, can't really watch a baby and help Mike load a uhaul with a couch and other large furniture. Ergh. Anyway, I called them today to see about getting in just 12 hours early - Sunday evening. I was told that they can't show tenant preference and they need 4 days to clean and do the carpets in all the units and thanks, bye, click. The woman HUNG UP ON ME! There are not many things that peeve me off, but a business hanging up on me is definitely one of them. Stupid B-word.
Zemanta Pixie


Baby Sleeping Bags said...

Nice article mate. I love children and seeing your child making their first steps is really amazing and memorable. Im happy for you.

Organic Gifts said...

That will be memorable to your whole life. Believe me dear. :)