Monday, April 14, 2008

Elton John and a new job

My goodness this has been a busy last couple days. I am just now getting a chance to sit down and write something, but honestly, I'm so tired that I don't know how motivated I will be to write much.

Let's start with Sunday. That morning Mike and I headed out and got some much needed grooming done at Regis in the mall. I had grooming done - Mike just walked around the mall holding Lily. By the time I saw him again he was holding one quietly sleeping baby. What a cute pair they are. After the mall, we grabbed some lunch and then had to run on campus to work in the lab that I help out with. I thought we'd be there for an hour, but ended up being there for 3. Oh lord. By the time we got home, we were both tired, but unfortunately I still had to get dressed and ready to go to the ELTON JOHN CONCERT!

Yep, that's right! I got to go to the concert! Mike wouldn't go with me, but his boss's wife did and man did we have fun! The concert was great and our seats weren't horrible. I did take some less than allowed video on my camera, but I'm unsure whether I'll post that or not. We'll see. The pictures didn't turn out great because with the flash you couldn't see anything and then without the flash it was too blurry.

We got home around 10:30, just in time to get ready for bed and attempt to sleep. It didn't work so well because I was so nervous and freaked out about today. We did in fact get up in time, but like always that doesn't seem to matter because we still got out 5 or so minutes late. Before we left, I was running around like a chicken with my...well you know, trying to make sure I didn't get anything. As it turns out I forgot some bibs for Lily. Oh well. I'm sure we can get carrot off of her bib.

Work was good. We got there on time, which was fascinating. Rarely happens. I spent the first hour and a half setting up my phone and computer. The next 2 hours were spent in HR orientation, then lunch, then 2 hours doing the Public Health Department orientation and the last 3 hours were spent training through reading and setting up a new computer. Yep, two computers in one day. :D It was a long day, but I'm excited to go back so that has to say something. Tomorrow my boss says he's actually going to give me some real tasks to do. :D I will be spending many months still reading and learning, but anything I can actually do hands on will be just fine with me.

On another note - my desk is hideous. Very oddly set up and most of the paperwork on it is old old old. I need to figure out a way to organize things. I don't even have any drawer space to put things for me (snacks, meds, etc.) or even a spot in the drawer for any sort of organizer. That's going to be a task in itself.

Okay, I think that's about it for now. Lily's fussy fussy fussy! I'm not sure if it's because she's been gone all day or if it's just because it's night time. We'll see how the evenings go.

Have a peachy keen day/night!


suplado said...

nice post hope we could share link thanks much